ProSciento’s Automated Glucose Clamp technology was developed to generate more conclusive data for its clients and a better experience for its study participants. While the glucose clamp is a key method in assessing diabetes compounds, mandated by the U.S. and European regulatory authorities, the manual method most commonly employed for clinical research is prone to inconsistent results and requires frequent blood draws. Our Automated Glucose Clamp technology, now in its second generation, is the result of having refined our technical capabilities with more than a decade of dedicated metabolic research in every clinically relevant diabetes drug class.
ProSciento’s automated method has a number of advantages including zero blood loss for the study participant; blood glucose measurements in tight, consistent one or five-minute intervals; and the ability to perform 15+ experiments simultaneously. In addition, our approach utilizes a closed loop system in which the variable of clamp operator proficiency is eliminated.
ProSciento’s Automated Glucose Clamp capabilities include:
- Euglycemic, hyperglycemic, hypoglycemic and pancreatic clamp procedures
- Second generation proprietary technology with zero blood loss glucose analyzer
Accuracy advantages include:
- Algorithm driven glucose infusion rates
- Deviation from blood glucose target less than 5%
- Stable blood glucose level (50 to 550 mg/dl)
Throughput advantages include:
- Ultra long glucose clamp procedures of 36+ hours
- Clamp results immediately ready for data processing (no manual data entry)