The Website is designed for individuals acting in a business capacity, prospective clients and their representatives and for current and prospective participants in clinical research studies that we manage.
Please view the links below to enable accessibility options within your browser to improve your access to the information contained on this page.
ProSciento is committed to protecting your personal data. Our services feature broad scientific expertise, direct patient access, advanced methodologies, and integrated global operations that are exclusively focused on diabetes, NASH, and obesity to support our clients’ commitment to improving human health. We operate as a service provider to these companies (including, for example, pharmaceutical life sciences companies) and generally process personal data in that capacity, except when we process personal data in connection with operating this Website or in your use of this Website, in our personnel recruiting activities, for our advertising and promotional activities, and in connection with our relationships with our vendors and suppliers. In our role as a service provider or supplier for our customers, our contracts generally restrict us from processing personal data of customers except for the purposes permitted under the contracts and applicable law.
For purposes of this Policy, personal data means information relating directly or indirectly to an identifiable individual, subject to certain exceptions under applicable law.
A. Types of Personal Data Collected
We may collect personal data from the following categories of sources: from you directly either online or offline (such as through phone or mail); from third parties sources such as our customers, partners, vendors, or suppliers; or automatically using cookies and similar online technologies.
Information we may collect from you or third parties includes:
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us. This may also include call recording, text and chat transcript data from Sales and customer support calls and live chat sessions or interviews.
- Information about clinical trial investigators, such as medical specialization and institutional affiliations.
- Physical and health-related information about actual and prospective clinical research study participants, such as gender, weight, height, health-related behavior, and certain medical conditions or treatments.
- Customer and transaction information such as information about purchases or other transactions with us and information about your customer service interactions with us.
- Survey information from surveys we or our service provider’s conduct.
- Photographs that you may provide in connection with surveys, feedback, use of our Services, or your communications with us.
- Other information that you provide to us voluntarily, publicly available information (such as social media posts) or any information we are required to collect, or that is appropriate to collect, in order to comply with applicable laws.
If you submit any personal data relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Website or Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
We may automatically collect the following information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Website using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies:
- Information about your device’s hardware, such as model, device identifiers, and screen resolution.
- Information about the software on your device, such as your browser type and operating system.
- Information about the network to which you are connected and inferences we may draw from it, such as your general geographic area, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Information about your use of and actions on the Website, such as pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, navigation paths between pages, information about your activity on a page, links you click, access times, and length of access; and the website that referred you to our Website, if applicable.
- Information about your interaction with our emails, such as whether you opened our email and how long you had it open.
B. Uses of Personal Data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes and as otherwise described in this Policy or at the time of collection:
- To provide our Website and Services. We may use personal data to:
- Provide, operate, improve, analyze, and secure the Website and Services, including to develop new products and services.
- Personalize individuals’ experience with the Website, and our communications.
- Provide customer service, support, and maintenance for the Website and our Services, including by responding to requests, questions, and feedback.
- To respond to inquiries. We may use personal data to respond to you and communicate with you regarding your inquiries regarding our Services.
- To provide training. We may use personal data in the context of providing seminars and training (whether in-person or online).
- To evaluate eligibility to participate in clinical research studies. We may use personal data from individuals who submit their information to us in connection with clinical research.
- To send you marketing communications. We may send you ProSciento-related marketing communications or communications sent on behalf of our clients as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt out of our marketing and promotional communications as described under the Your Choices section below.
- To display advertisements. We may work with advertising partners to display advertisements online. These advertisements are delivered by our advertising partners and may be directed to you based on your use of the Website or your activity elsewhere online.
- To comply with law. We may use personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- For compliance, fraud prevention, safety, and auditing. We may use personal data where required to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Website or our Services; (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity; (d) conduct auditing activities; and (e) comply with and respond to binding orders or requests from law enforcement or in connection with any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To create anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data from your personal data and other individuals whose personal data we collect. We may use this anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data without restriction for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Website and promote our business.
- For personal recruiting, as set forth in Section D, Job Applicants.
C. Sharing of Personal Data
We may share your personal data for the following purposes with the following categories of recipients, and as otherwise described in this Policy or at the time of collection:
- ProSciento Companies. We may share personal data with our corporate parent and subsidiaries, for purposes consistent with this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may share personal data with certain third-party service providers pursuant to contracts or arrangements that we have with third parties in order to fulfil our business purposes. Examples include conducting clinical trials and research, Website hosting, training, email delivery and other third parties in the areas of payment and delivery services, advertising, analytics, search engine providers, and credit reference services. We authorize these third parties to use personal data only as necessary to carry out their specific business obligations to ProSciento.
- Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution. In such a case, we my transfer personal data to a recipient entity.
- Compliance, Fraud prevention, Safety, and Audit. We may share personal data for the compliance, fraud prevention safety, and audit purposes described above.
- With your consent. We may share personal data with your consent.
- Personnel Recruiting. We may share personal data in connection with our personnel recruiting activities, such as with service providers that assist in the recruiting and onboarding of our personnel.
- Anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data. We may share anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data from your personal data and other individuals whose personal data we collect, such as compilations of statistical or quantitative data, for our business or scientific purposes, such as to publish reports and create marketing materials.
D. Job Applicants
When you visit the ‘Careers’ portion of our Website, we collect the information that you provide to us in connection with your job application or other employment inquiry. This includes business and personal contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, photographs, and other information of the type that may be included in a resume. This may also include diversity, compensation, and other non-required information that you voluntarily provide. We use all of the foregoing information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process employment applications, such as by evaluating a job candidate for an employment activity, and monitoring recruitment statistics. We may also use this information to operate and improve our business, and as otherwise necessary for compliance, fraud prevention, safety, and audit purposes.
Personal data relating your job application is retained for the period of your employment and thereafter in accordance with ProSciento’s data retention policies.
E. Your Choices
- Providing your information. You may choose not to provide your personal data, though we may not be able to provide you with some Services or some functionality of the Website. Information required for a certain Service or functionality of the Website will be disclosed to you at the time of collection.
- Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications at any time by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the message. You may continue to receive transactional, service-related and other non-marketing emails.
F. Security Practices
The security of personal data is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data we collect. Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where we and our subsidiaries or service providers are located. When you use our Website, you are transferring information to the United States and other locations where we or our service providers operate. While we strive to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the personal data we receive or collect, as no transmission of information through the Internet can ever be completely secure.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
H. Individuals in California and Outside the United States
I. Children’s Data
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 17. If you are under the age of 17, please do not provide any information to us. If we become aware that we have collected information from a child under the age of 17, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete the information from our systems.
J. Other Websites
The Website may contain links to other websites or online services operated by third parties, which we do not control. Other websites and services may follow different rules and conventions regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal data and may not comply with the same standards as ProSciento. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you access or use carefully.
ProSciento may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, change, modify or alter any or all portions of this Policy. ProSciento will notify you of material changes by updating the date of this Policy and posting it on the Website. We may, and if required by law will, also provide notification of changes in another way that we believe is reasonably likely to reach you, such as via e-mail (if you have an account where we have your contact information) or another manner through the Website.
Any revisions shall be effective immediately upon posting. In all cases, your continued use of the Website after the posting of any modified Policy indicates your acceptance of the terms of the modified Policy.
L. Contacting Us
Last modified: March 14, 2023