ProSciento will hold its second NASH Roundtable on April 11 in Vienna to coincide with this year’s European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) Annual Congress. Established in 2018, the NASH Roundtable is a scientific forum bringing together leading hepatologists, endocrinologists and clinical development experts to accelerate the advancement and application of clinical research methods and strategies for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) drug development.
“NASH is a serious metabolic disease with currently no approved therapies for patients, in part because the scientific and clinical research communities are still working towards robust clinical and regulatory development frameworks. The Roundtable provides a unique setting of immense expertise in NASH to truly facilitate focused collaboration and applicable outcomes to accelerate progress in science-driven clinical research and therapeutic program developments,” said Dr. Marcus Hompesch, ProSciento Chairman, CEO and Co-chair of the NASH Roundtable.
NASH Roundtable members are distinguished scientific and clinical development experts that meet biannually at the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) and American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) conferences
Co-Chairs of the NASH Roundtable are:
- Arun Sanyal, MD, FAASLD, Z. Reno Vlahcevic Professor of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
- Rohit Loomba, MD, Professor of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology and founding Director of the NAFLD Translational Research Unit at the University of California, San Diego
- Marcus Hompesch, MD, ProSciento’s Chief Executive Officer
Additional members of the NASH Roundtable include:
- Kenneth Cusi, MD, Professor and Chief, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at University of Florida
- Vlad Ratziu, MD, PhD, Professor of Hepatology at Sorbonne University and Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital
- Mary Rinella, MD, Professor of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University
- Michael Roden, MD, Director of the Institute for Clinical Diabetology at Deutsches Diabetes-Zentrum and the Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology at Düsseldorf University Hospital
- Manuel Romero-Gómez, MD, Professor of Medicine at University of Seville and Director of Digestive, Liver and Inflammatory Diseases Program at Institute of Biomedicine of Seville/Virgen del Rocio University Hospital
- Detlef Schuppan, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Hepatology and Gastroenterology at Mainz University Medical Center
- Miriam Vos, MD, MSPH, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics and Gastroenterology at Emory University School of Medicine
- Vincent Wong, MD, PhD, Professor and Head of Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at The Chinese University of Hong Kong and Director at Cheng Suen Man Shook Centre for Hepatitis Research
To learn more about the NASH Roundtable and its members, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.